Applicants for the VolunQuest Program have the choice of one of three frameworks. There is a two or three week teacher certification program, a four week TEFL program with the option to add additional supervised teaching weeks and a five or ten month GAP Year Program that also includes a TEFL certification. Some blackout periods apply.
Gap Year TEFL Certification Program applicants can choose between the five-month or ten month program, which can begin during any month of the year.
No undergraduate degree, Spanish or experience is required. All program hours are accumulative, meaning that a two or three week program can be supplemented with additional weeks in the future to gain your TEFL certificate.
2 Weeks: $700 usd *
3 Weeks: $1,050 usd *
TEFL Certification Program
4 Weeks: $1,500 usd
Additional Weeks: $250 usd each
GAP Year Program
5 Month Program: $7,211 usd
10 Months Program: $11,134 usd
* 2 and 3 week program volunteers receive an accreditation certificate for teaching hours earned. The TEFL Certificate requires a minimum of the 4 week program.
What’s included in the program package?
- Intensive TEFL Teacher Training Course and Materials (Condensed version for less than 4 week programs)
- TEFL Certification Accredited by the Mexican Ministry of Education (4 week minimum)
- Teaching Hours Certificicate Accredited by the Mexican Ministry of Education (2 week minimum)
- A letter of recommendation upon successful completion of the program
- Orientation and Island Tour
- Collaborative lesson planning and material creation
- Continuous training and supervision
- Access to teacher materials and resources including young learner books, school supplies, a printer/copy machine, printer paper, teaching materials, ESL teaching guides and references, etc.)
- Information packet
- Monday-Friday work week (with some exceptions for special events)
- Participation in VolunQuest sponsored outreach events (not obligatory)
- 24/7 emergency support
- Administration costs and Taxes
*Applies exclusively to the paid volunteer package – not applicable for the Program Scholarship participants.
- Everything that is listed in the Certification Program Package plus:
- A fully furnished studio apartment
- Electric, water and internet
- Round trip airport transfer
- Ferry Tickets
- Bike Rental (not including repairs)
*Homestay and other housing options are available upon request. Please contact a student advisor at email@example.com for more information.
Additionally, we offer customizable accommodation packages that can include:
- Airport Transportation
- Ferry Tickets
- Trips, Outings and Excursions
- Diving Certifications
- Cooking Classes
- Spanish Lessons
- Bike, Moped and Golf Car Rentals
- Local Discounts